Happy 2nd Anniversary to Us
Carlson Structural Engineering is proud to announce our second anniversary! We are so grateful to our numerous clients in the Mid-Atlantic region who have continued to trust in us to help them solve building-related problems on such a wide variety of projects. Our second year would not have been possible without their support and referrals to so many of their industry associates. In the past year, we have visited projects extending from Richmond, Virginia to Lutherville, Maryland, and from Frederick, Maryland to Ocean City, Maryland, and so many places in between. We have been in basements over 50-feet deep and inside church steeples over 100-feet high. The breadth of project types and locations has been astonishing. We have been continuously looking for engineers to add to our staff and help a multitude of clients solve a diverse array of building envelope and structural problems. We currently have openings for professionals with all levels of experience. We have grown and reached several notable milestones in the past year.
- Added a fulltime structural engineer, Nicole Michael, EIT | LinkedIn who offers our clients the benefits of her diverse experience, technical skills, and insight.
- Brought on our second summer engineering intern, Tommy Frank, ENV SP | LinkedIn who attends Virginia Tech and has been involved with numerous projects so far this summer.
- Had a booth at the WMCCAI Conference and Expo and were able to present a 90-minute education session entitled “Everything You Probably Never Knew About Building Façade Maintenance” to over 150 attendees, which (based on exit survey results) was very well received. This session is available on-demand at WMCCAI On-demand library (caidc.org)
- Attended our first trade show in Ocean City, Maryland where we met with many long-time friends and introduced ourselves to many potential business partners.
- Posted almost 40 times on LinkedIn with information about our projects and to help educate the industry. We featured a wide range of content related to concrete repair, water intrusion, masonry repair and flashing, steel framed balconies, waterproofing, window washing roof anchors, post tension tendon repairs, EIFS, historic structures, and parking garages.
- Offered 122 new proposals and provided services for nearly 100 additional projects on existing structures including apartments, condominiums, office buildings, commercial buildings, churches, universities, historic structures, and even a few WMATA assignments. This gives us a total of over 200 projects, so far.
We have continued to assist on projects including evaluations and repairs to plazas and below grade waterproofing, foundation stabilization, parking structures, masonry façades, wood and siding clad facades, wood, steel, and concrete balconies, vehicle impact damage, fire damage, retaining walls, and even the rebuilding two residential buildings that had explosion damage. We also performed many transition studies (for new Condominium and Homeowners Associations), structural condition assessments (in the wake of the Champlain Towers Condominium collapse in Surfside, Florida), as well as various litigation claim support services. It also gives us a great feeling, knowing that we are able to use our expertise to address our clients’ concerns regarding various building defects and find a suitable explanation or resolution. Last year at this time, our goal was to keep our business growing and expand our relationships with our clients (new and existing). We have strived to do so while doing our best to provide outstanding professional services. By all accounts, we have done this, but we also understand that this is a daily goal and a continuous process. We are excited to see what the next year has in store for us. We are actively searching for structural engineers to add to our growing staff. If you know of someone who might be interested, please have them forward a resume to Info@YourStructurePros.com. Please feel free to reach out to us on our website Carlson Structural Engineering – Your Structure Pros or LinkedIn Carlson Structural Engineering | LinkedIn if we can be of assistance to you.